Monday, April 7, 2008

Things I took away from Conference

Andrea Brown a sister in my ward sent me a packet to print out to give to my children, things about the up and coming Conference, games and questions to keep them listening and busy so we could all enjoy thins time together. Me thinking that it wouldn't work, was surprised to find Lakota hard at work to do as many pages as she could!! She had a great time as you can see from the pictures above.

Here are some things that hit me harder this time than ever before!!
1- Pay your tithing on matter what and the blessings will come!
2- Be a nurturing Mother- Teach your children the teachings of Christ, Have regular Family Home Evenings, (hard when you play single parent that night, but still it gets done!) Family Scripture reading and daily family prayer!
3- We are all students in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (no on knows all the answers!)
4- Roles of Mothers- Schedule time alone with each child each day as well as alone time with your spouse each week, Talk with your spouse about each child's individual needs, Give your wife a day of Reign (she already deals with so much at one time, days off are a great day for relaxation!) Have your Husband come home from work and take active in the family!
Now here are to quotes that struck me!!
* He (Heavenly Father) won't always take your afflictions from you, but he will comfort you. Prophet Monson
* Today forgive others for their trespasses, so we will be forgiven ours. Lance B. Wickham
All these things are going on my fridge so that I will have a daily reminder of how I need to work in this life time to get back to our Father and also my Family that has past on!!

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

The packet came from Andrea Morrill and not me. Glad your kids liked it though.